Map Magoro, Uganda, East Africa. Magoro
About this Item
- Magoro, Uganda, East Africa.
- This map shows the town and surrounding area of Magoro, located in the Kumi District of the Eastern Region of Uganda. This is a wetland region north of Lake Victoria, characterized by extensive swampland and shallow lakes, including Lake Opeta and Lake Bisina, which drain into Lake Kyoga to the west. Kumi District had an estimated population of 255,500 in 2012. The region is bounded by the East Teso Hunting Area and the Pian Upe Game Reserve (today the Pian Upe Wildlife Reserve). The map was prepared in 1972 by the Directorate of Overseas Surveys of the Overseas Development Administration of the government of the United Kingdom, based on aerial photography carried out in 1962 and field surveys conducted in 1971. The map shows wetlands, forested areas, rivers and lakes, administrative boundaries, roads, ferry routes, houses, and built-up areas. The scale of the map is 1:50,000. Distance scales are provided in kilometers, feet, and miles; elevations above sea level are given in meters.
- Uganda. Department of Lands and Surveys Cartographer.
Created / Published
- Entebbe, Uganda : Lands and Surveys Department, 1972.
- - Uganda--Eastern--Magoro
- - 1972
- - Thematic maps
- - Wetlands
- - Title devised, in English, by Library staff.
- - "From the Uganda National Fisheries Resources Research Institute. Digitized at the National Library of Uganda with support from the Carnegie Corporation of New York.|Scale 1:50,000"--Note extracted from World Digital Library.
- - Original resource extent: 1 map : color ; 65 x 86 centimeters.
- - Original resource at: National Library of Uganda.
- - Content in English.
- - Description based on data extracted from World Digital Library, which may be extracted from partner institutions.
- 1 online resource.
Library of Congress Control Number
- compressed data
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Uganda. Department Of Lands And Surveys Cartographer. Magoro, Uganda, East Africa. Entebbe, Uganda: Lands and Surveys Department, 1972. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021668744/.
APA citation style:
Uganda. Department Of Lands And Surveys Cartographer. (1972) Magoro, Uganda, East Africa. Entebbe, Uganda: Lands and Surveys Department. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021668744/.
MLA citation style:
Uganda. Department Of Lands And Surveys Cartographer. Magoro, Uganda, East Africa. Entebbe, Uganda: Lands and Surveys Department, 1972. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021668744/>.