Map Kajansi, Uganda, East Africa. Kajansi
About this Item
- Kajansi, Uganda, East Africa.
- This map shows the region around the town of Kajansi, in Wakiso District, Central Uganda, located on the northern shore of Lake Victoria, approximately 16 kilometers south of Kampala. The map is a 1968 edition of a map first published in 1957 by the Directorate of Overseas Surveys of the United Kingdom, based on aerial photography taken in 1955 and supplemented by field survey data supplied by the Department of Lands and Surveys, Uganda. The map shows terrain, including forest and swamp, dwellings, roads and tracks, and other man-made features. Heights above sea level are given in feet. Distance scales are in miles, feet, and meters. The scale of the map is 1:50,000. The map is part of a series mapping the whole of Uganda at this scale, and an index to the adjoining sheets is provided.
- Great Britain. Directorate of Overseas Surveys Cartographer.
- Uganda. Department of Lands and Surveys Cartographer.
Created / Published
- Entebbe, Uganda : Department of Lands and Surveys, Uganda, 1968.
- - Uganda--Central--Kajansi
- - 1968
- - Thematic maps
- - Victoria, Lake
- - Title devised, in English, by Library staff.
- - "From the Uganda National Fisheries Resources Research Institute. Digitized at the National Library of Uganda with support from the Carnegie Corporation of New York.|Scale 1:50,000"--Note extracted from World Digital Library.
- - Original resource extent: 1 map : color ; 63 x 83 centimeters.
- - Original resource at: National Library of Uganda.
- - Content in English.
- - Description based on data extracted from World Digital Library, which may be extracted from partner institutions.
- 1 online resource.
Library of Congress Control Number
- compressed data
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Great Britain. Directorate Of Overseas Surveys Cartographer, and Uganda. Department Of Lands And Surveys Cartographer. Kajansi, Uganda, East Africa. Entebbe, Uganda: Department of Lands and Surveys, Uganda, 1968. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021668746/.
APA citation style:
Great Britain. Directorate Of Overseas Surveys Cartographer & Uganda. Department Of Lands And Surveys Cartographer. (1968) Kajansi, Uganda, East Africa. Entebbe, Uganda: Department of Lands and Surveys, Uganda. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021668746/.
MLA citation style:
Great Britain. Directorate Of Overseas Surveys Cartographer, and Uganda. Department Of Lands And Surveys Cartographer. Kajansi, Uganda, East Africa. Entebbe, Uganda: Department of Lands and Surveys, Uganda, 1968. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021668746/>.