Photo, Print, Drawing Ben dao ren ji li xing lie (Fan Xie jiang jun) 本島人祭禮行列(范謝將軍)
About this Item
- Ben dao ren ji li xing lie (Fan Xie jiang jun)
- The People of Taiwan Parading to a Ritual Sacrifice (for Generals Fan and Xie)
- The annual ritual sacrifices for General Fan and Xie at the temple to the city gods in Taipei were especially important to the people of Taiwan during the period of Japanese occupation, which lasted from 1895 to 1945. Extra trains in and out of Taipei were scheduled to accommodate the crowds that came to this event from all over Taiwan.
Created / Published
- Taipei : ChiGang Brotherhood Association, [1920 to 1929]
- - China--Taiwan--Taipei
- - 1920 to 1929
- - Buddhist temples
- - Cheng Huang Temple
- - Japanese occupation, 1895-1945
- - Processions, Religious
- - Title devised, in English, by Library staff.
- - Original resource at: National Central Library.
- - Content in English and Chinese.
- - Description based on data extracted from World Digital Library, which may be extracted from partner institutions.
- - Title revised per Asian Division.--cc28 2023-01-06
- 1 online resource.
- Taipei During the Japanese Occupation Period
Library of Congress Control Number
- compressed data
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Ben dao ren ji li xing lie Fan Xie jiang jun. Taiwan China Taipei, 1920. [Taipei: ChiGang Brotherhood Association, to 1929] Photograph. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021668764/.
APA citation style:
(1920) Ben dao ren ji li xing lie Fan Xie jiang jun. Taiwan China Taipei, 1920. [Taipei: ChiGang Brotherhood Association, to 1929] [Photograph] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021668764/.
MLA citation style:
Ben dao ren ji li xing lie Fan Xie jiang jun. [Taipei: ChiGang Brotherhood Association, to 1929] Photograph. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021668764/>.