Photo, Print, Drawing Taiwan zong du fu 台灣總督府
About this Item
- Taiwan zong du fu
- View of the Office of the Governor-General of Taiwan
- Under Japanese rule between 1895 and 1945, the chief authority in Taiwan was the governor-general, an official appointed by, and sent from, Tokyo. The governor-general wielded supreme executive, legislative, and judicial power. This 1920s photograph shows the office of the governor general, which included bureaus for military and home affairs. Construction of this building, by workers imported from Japan, began in 1912 and was completed in 1919.
Created / Published
- Taipei : Sheng Fan Wu, [1920 to 1929]
- - China--Taiwan--Taipei
- - 1920 to 1929
- - Japanese occupation, 1895-1945
- - Presidential office buildings
- - Public buildings
- - Title devised, in English, by Library staff.
- - Original resource at: National Central Library.
- - Content in English and Japanese and Chinese.
- - Description based on data extracted from World Digital Library, which may be extracted from partner institutions.
- - Title revised per Asian Division.--cc28 2023-01-06
- 1 online resource.
- Taipei During the Japanese Occupation Period
Library of Congress Control Number
- compressed data
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Taiwan Zong Du Fu. Taiwan China Taipei, 1920. [Taipei: Sheng Fan Wu, to 1929] Photograph. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021668767/.
APA citation style:
(1920) Taiwan Zong Du Fu. Taiwan China Taipei, 1920. [Taipei: Sheng Fan Wu, to 1929] [Photograph] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021668767/.
MLA citation style:
Taiwan Zong Du Fu. [Taipei: Sheng Fan Wu, to 1929] Photograph. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021668767/>.