Photo, Print, Drawing Souvenir of Kiev.
About this Item
- Souvenir of Kiev.
- Souvenir of Kiev is an early 20th-century album of 25 views of Kiev, the capital of Ukraine and at that time one of the most important cities of the Russian Empire. Among the sites shown are cathedrals, monasteries, monuments, educational and cultural institutions, squares, thoroughfares, the railroad station, bridges across the Dnieper River, and buildings connected with the commercial life of the city. The views in the album are collotypes, made using a chemically-based printing process that was widely employed before the invention of offset lithography. The captions on each collotype are in Russian, French, and German. Many of the period buildings shown were destroyed in World War II, making the album an important record of a vanished era in the history of the city.
Created / Published
- [place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], [1900 to 1920]
- - Ukraine--Kiev
- - 1710 to 1920
- - Boats and boating
- - Bridges
- - Cathedrals
- - Churches
- - Cities and towns
- - Dnieper River
- - Factories
- - Monasteries
- - Monuments and memorials
- - Railroad stations
- - Railroads
- - Stores and shops
- - Street scenes
- - Street-railroads
- - Universities and colleges
- - Title devised, in English, by Library staff.
- - Original resource extent: 25 separate photomechanical prints (collotype) in a cover.
- - Original resource at: Yaroslav Mudryi National Library of Ukraine.
- - Content in German and French and Russian.
- - Description based on data extracted from World Digital Library, which may be extracted from partner institutions.
- 1 online resource.
- Souvenir of Kiev
Library of Congress Control Number
- compressed data
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Souvenir of Kiev. Ukraine Kiev, 1900. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified, to 1920] Photograph. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021669046/.
APA citation style:
(1900) Souvenir of Kiev. Ukraine Kiev, 1900. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified, to 1920] [Photograph] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021669046/.
MLA citation style:
Souvenir of Kiev. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified, to 1920] Photograph. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021669046/>.