Photo, Print, Drawing Railroad Station.
About this Item
- Railroad Station.
- This view of the first railroad station in Kiev is from Souvenir of Kiev, an early 20th-century album showing the main sites of Kiev, the capital of Ukraine and at that time one of the most important cities of the Russian Empire. The station was designed in the old English gothic style by architect Vishnevsky and completed in 1870. It serviced two rail lines, the Kiev--Balta and Kursk--Kiev routes, also completed in 1870. The station was located in the valley of the Lybid River (a tributary of the Dnieper) on the site of a former barracks. The complex consisted of three three-story buildings, linked by lower galleries. The station was replaced some time after 1910, probably because the expanding rail network made redevelopment necessary. The 25 views in Souvenir of Kiev are collotypes, made using a chemically-based printing process widely employed before the invention of offset lithography.
Created / Published
- [place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], [1900 to 1920]
- - Ukraine--Kiev
- - 1900 to 1920
- - Architecture, Gothic
- - Railroad stations
- - Railroad tracks
- - Railroads
- - Title devised, in English, by Library staff.
- - Original resource extent: 1 photomechanical print : collotype.
- - Original resource at: Yaroslav Mudryi National Library of Ukraine.
- - Content in German and French and Russian.
- - Description based on data extracted from World Digital Library, which may be extracted from partner institutions.
- 1 online resource.
- Souvenir of Kiev
Library of Congress Control Number
- compressed data
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Railroad Station. Ukraine Kiev, 1900. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified, to 1920] Photograph. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021669062/.
APA citation style:
(1900) Railroad Station. Ukraine Kiev, 1900. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified, to 1920] [Photograph] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021669062/.
MLA citation style:
Railroad Station. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified, to 1920] Photograph. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021669062/>.