Photo, Print, Drawing Bom Jesus da Boa Morte's Villa: Capim Grosso. Villa de Bom Jesus da Boa Morte: Capim Grosso
About this Item
- Bom Jesus da Boa Morte's Villa: Capim Grosso.
- Villa de Bom Jesus da Boa Morte: Capim Grosso
- The Thereza Christina Maria collection is composed of 21,742 photos assembled by Emperor Pedro II (1825-91) throughout his life and donated by him to the National Library of Brazil. The collection covers a wide variety of subjects. It documents the achievements of Brazil and Brazilians in the 19th century and also includes many photographs of Europe, Africa, and North America. In 1868, photographer Augusto Riedel accompanied Luis Augusto, Duke of Saxe, son-in-law of Emperor Pedro II, on an expedition into the interior of Brazil. The expedition visited the town of Bom Jesus da Lapa in Bahia state. The town grew up on the banks of the San Francisco River, beside a sanctuary of the same name.
- Riedel, Augusto, 1836-1877? Photographer.
Created / Published
- Bom Jesus da Lapa, Brazil : [publisher not identified], [1868 to 1869]
- - Brazil--Bahia--Capim Grosso
- - 1868 to 1869
- - Memory of the World
- - Title devised, in English, by Library staff.
- - Original resource extent: 1 photo : albumin paper, black and white ; 22 x 26.9 centimeters.
- - Original resource at: National Library of Brazil.
- - Content in Portuguese.
- - Description based on data extracted from World Digital Library, which may be extracted from partner institutions.
- 1 online resource.
- Thereza Christina Maria Collection
Library of Congress Control Number
- compressed data
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Riedel, Augusto, ? Photographer. Bom Jesus da Boa Morte's Villa: Capim Grosso. Brazil Capim Grosso Bahia, 1868. [Bom Jesus da Lapa, Brazil: publisher not identified, to 1869] Photograph. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021669621/.
APA citation style:
Riedel, A. (1868) Bom Jesus da Boa Morte's Villa: Capim Grosso. Brazil Capim Grosso Bahia, 1868. [Bom Jesus da Lapa, Brazil: publisher not identified, to 1869] [Photograph] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021669621/.
MLA citation style:
Riedel, Augusto, ? Photographer. Bom Jesus da Boa Morte's Villa: Capim Grosso. [Bom Jesus da Lapa, Brazil: publisher not identified, to 1869] Photograph. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021669621/>.