Photo, Print, Drawing Abadal Album of Samples. Àlbum de mostres Abadal
About this Item
- Abadal Album of Samples.
- Àlbum de mostres Abadal
- The Abadal family, from Moià and later from Manresa, was one of the main producers of prints in Catalonia in the Baroque period, during the 17th and 18th centuries. Soon after it was founded, the Biblioteca de Catalunya acquired from the family a large set of xylographic materials, both woodcuts and engravings on wood. Among these materials was the sample album that the printing house placed at the disposal of customers to help them choose the items they wanted included in the prints they ordered. The album features a wide assortment of images and ornamental motifs that printing houses of that time used to illustrate and decorate printed products. The sample album also contains the original printings of many of the woodcuts preserved at the Biblioteca de Catalunya.
- Abadal i Fontcuberta, Josep, circa 1660-1749 Artist.
- Abadal i Fontcuberta, Pau, 1663-1729 Artist.
- Abadal i Girifau, Ignasi, circa 1750-1813 Artist.
- Abadal i Morató, Pere, circa 1630-1685 Artist.
- Abadal i Serra, Andreu, circa 1706-1778 Artist.
Created / Published
- [place of publication not identified] : Abadal Family, 1800.
- - Spain--Catalonia--Manresa
- - Spain--Catalonia--Moià
- - 1800
- - Bible. New Testament
- - Bible. Old Testament
- - Engravers
- - Saints
- - Woodcuts
- - Title devised, in English, by Library staff.
- - Original resource at: National Library of Catalonia.
- - Content in Catalan and Latin and Spanish.
- - Description based on data extracted from World Digital Library, which may be extracted from partner institutions.
- 1 online resource.
Library of Congress Control Number
- compressed data
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Abadal I Fontcuberta, Josep
- Abadal I Fontcuberta, Pau
- Abadal I Girifau, Ignasi
- Abadal I Morató, Pere
- Abadal I Serra, Andreu
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Abadal I Fontcuberta, Josep, Circa Artist, Pau Abadal I Fontcuberta, Ignasi Abadal I Girifau, Pere Abadal I Morató, and Andreu Abadal I Serra. Abadal Album of Samples. Catalonia Manresa Spain Moià, 1800. [place of publication not identified: Abadal Family] Photograph. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021670720/.
APA citation style:
Abadal I Fontcuberta, J., Abadal I Fontcuberta, P., Abadal I Girifau, I., Abadal I Morató, P. & Abadal I Serra, A. (1800) Abadal Album of Samples. Catalonia Manresa Spain Moià, 1800. [place of publication not identified: Abadal Family] [Photograph] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021670720/.
MLA citation style:
Abadal I Fontcuberta, Josep, Circa Artist, et al. Abadal Album of Samples. [place of publication not identified: Abadal Family] Photograph. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021670720/>.