Film, Video Leonardo's workshop: The Invention, Art and Science of Leonardo da Vinci
About this Item
- Leonardo's workshop: The Invention, Art and Science of Leonardo da Vinci
- The life and works of artist and scientist Leonardo da Vinci continue to fascinate us because, while he exemplified the Italian Renaissance, he transcended his time and place, inventing things like a helicopter 500 years before the technology existed to build one. Enough material has survived from his art works and notebooks to give us a picture of Leonardo as almost the singular embodiment of the Renaissance. His mastery of disciplines as diverse as painting, anatomy, engineering, and music were celebrated in his lifetime and have been the subject of fascination ever since. This live performance--a collaboration between the Library of Congress, Washington Revels, and Piffaro: The Renaissance Band--invites you to visit the workshop of Leonardo's mind where you can learn how a genius thinks.
- Library of Congress
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress, 2003-04-02.
- - Biography, History
- - Culture, Performing Arts
- - Culture, Folklife
- - Performing Arts, Music
- - Diane Kresh, Piffaro: The Renaissance Band, Washington Revels.
- - Recorded on 2003-04-02.
- - Kids, Families.
- - Researchers.
- - Teachers.
- 1 online resource
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Library Of Congress. Leonardo's workshop: The Invention, Art and Science of Leonardo da Vinci. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -04-02, 2003. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021687657/.
APA citation style:
Library Of Congress. (2003) Leonardo's workshop: The Invention, Art and Science of Leonardo da Vinci. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -04-02. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021687657/.
MLA citation style:
Library Of Congress. Leonardo's workshop: The Invention, Art and Science of Leonardo da Vinci. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -04-02, 2003. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021687657/>.