Film, Video Rita Dove Reads Her Poetry
About this Item
- Rita Dove Reads Her Poetry
- Rita Dove reads her poems and discusses their sources with a small group of students. The poems are selected from Thomas and Beulah (Carnegie-Mellon University Press, 1986) which won the Pulitzer Prize for Poetry, and from her earlier books: The Yellow House on the Corner (1980), Museum (Carnegie-Mellon University Press, 1983), and a book of short stories: Fifth Sunday (University Press of Virginia, 1985).
- Library of Congress
- Library of Congress. Literary Initiatives Office, sponsoring body
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress, 1989-01-26.
- - Literature
- - Performing Arts, Music
- - Poetry
- - Group name: Poets Laureate. 56
- - Rita Dove.
- - Recorded on 1989-01-26.
- - Kids, Families.
- - Researchers.
- - Teachers.
- 1 online resource
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Literary Initiatives Office. Rita Dove Reads Her Poetry. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -01-26, 1989. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021687661/.
APA citation style:
Library Of Congress & Library Of Congress. Literary Initiatives Office, S. B. (1989) Rita Dove Reads Her Poetry. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -01-26. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021687661/.
MLA citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Literary Initiatives Office. Rita Dove Reads Her Poetry. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -01-26, 1989. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021687661/>.