Film, Video Michael Harper Reads His Poetry Michael Harper
About this Item
- Michael Harper Reads His Poetry
- Michael Harper
- Michael S. Harper, Professor of English at Brown University, is the author of seven collections of poetry, including Dear John, Dear Coltrane and Healing Song for the Inner Ear. He has been the recipient of the Governor's Poetry Award and a Doctorate of Letters from Notre Dame College in Manchester, New Hampshire; he was named a Literary Lion by the New York Public Library; and he has recently completed a term as Poet Laureate for the State of Rhode Island. Mr. Harper is the editor, with Anthony Walton, of Every Shut Eye Ain't Asleep: An Anthology of Poetry by African Americans Since 1945, published in 1994 by Little, Brown and Company.
- Library of Congress
- Library of Congress. Poetry and Literature Center, sponsoring body
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress, 1989-02-24.
- - Literature
- - Performing Arts, Music
- - Poetry
- - Michael Harper.
- - Recorded on 1989-02-24.
- - Kids, Families.
- - Researchers.
- - Teachers.
- 1 online resource
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Poetry And Literature Center. Michael Harper Reads His Poetry. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -02-24, 1989. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021687665/.
APA citation style:
Library Of Congress & Library Of Congress. Poetry And Literature Center, S. B. (1989) Michael Harper Reads His Poetry. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -02-24. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021687665/.
MLA citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Poetry And Literature Center. Michael Harper Reads His Poetry. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -02-24, 1989. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021687665/>.