Film, Video First Words in Print
About this Item
- First Words in Print
- As part of "Reading Africa," sponsored by the Center for the Book and the African Section of the African and Middle Eastern Division in the Library of Congress and the children's librarians of the D.C. Public Library, Trok and Lekuton gave brief talks about their work promoting literacy in their native South Africa. In September 2004, the South African Centre's "First Words in Print" project won the 2004 IBBY-Asahi Reading Promotion Award, which is administered by the International Board on Books for Young People. The project is a program which distributes books to children and provides support and guidance to caregivers as they explore ways to share books with the young.
- Library of Congress
- Library of Congress. African and Middle Eastern Division, sponsoring body
- Library of Congress. Center for the Book, sponsoring body
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress, 2005-02-08.
- - Culture, Folklife
- - Literature
- - Education
- - Joseph Lekuton, Lorato Trok.
- - Recorded on 2005-02-08.
- - Kids, Families.
- - Librarians, Archivists.
- - Teachers.
- 1 online resource
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Library Of Congress, Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. African And Middle Eastern Division, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Center For The Book. First Words in Print. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -02-08, 2005. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021687674/.
APA citation style:
Library Of Congress, Library Of Congress. African And Middle Eastern Division, S. B. & Library Of Congress. Center For The Book, S. B. (2005) First Words in Print. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -02-08. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021687674/.
MLA citation style:
Library Of Congress, Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. African And Middle Eastern Division, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Center For The Book. First Words in Print. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -02-08, 2005. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021687674/>.