Film, Video The Maltese Falcon at 75.
About this Item
- The Maltese Falcon at 75.
- To mark the 75th anniversary of the publication of Dashiell Hammett's "The Maltese Falcon," literary scholar and Hammett specialist Richard Layman presented an informal talk, "The Maltese Falcon at 75." The event was organized by the LC's Center for the Book and cosponsored by the Mystery Writers of America. "The Maltese Falcon," published in 1930, featured detective Sam Spade. In the introduction to his documentary volume, Layman states: "The Maltese Falcon" has endured because it rewards so many types of readers.
- Library of Congress.
- Library of Congress. Center for the Book, sponsoring body.
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress, 2005-02-15.
- - Literature
- - Richard Layman.
- - Recorded on 2005-02-15.
- - Kids, Families.
- - Researchers.
- 1 online resource
Library of Congress Control Number
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Center For The Book. The Maltese Falcon at 75. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -02-15, 2005. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021687678/.
APA citation style:
Library Of Congress & Library Of Congress. Center For The Book, S. B. (2005) The Maltese Falcon at 75. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -02-15. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021687678/.
MLA citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Center For The Book. The Maltese Falcon at 75. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -02-15, 2005. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021687678/>.