Film, Video Lark in the Morning: The Verses of the Troubadours
About this Item
- Lark in the Morning: The Verses of the Troubadours
- Robert Kehew discussed his recently published anthology of poetry of the French troubadours, "Lark in the Morning: The Verses of the Troubadours, a Bilingual Edition." The anthology honors the meter, word play, punning and sound effects in the troubadours' works, while celebrating the often playful, bawdy and biting nature of the material. In the book, Kehew augments his own verse translations with those of two 20th century poets--Ezra Pound (1885-1972) and W.D. Snodgrass (b. 1926)--to provide a collection that captures both the poetic pyrotechnics of the original verse and the variety of troubadour voices. The event was sponsored by the Library's John W. Kluge Center and the Alliance Francaise of Washington, D.C., www.francedc.org.
- Library of Congress
- John W. Kluge Center (Library of Congress), sponsoring body
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress, 2005-10-20.
- - Biography, History
- - Culture, Performing Arts
- - Literature
- - Poetry
- - Performing Arts, Music
- - Classification: History (General) and History of Europe.
- - Classification: Language and Literature.
- - Robert Kehew.
- - Recorded on 2005-10-20.
- - Kids, Families.
- - Researchers.
- 1 online resource
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body John W. Kluge Center. Lark in the Morning: The Verses of the Troubadours. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -10-20, 2005. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021687715/.
APA citation style:
Library Of Congress & John W. Kluge Center, S. B. (2005) Lark in the Morning: The Verses of the Troubadours. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -10-20. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021687715/.
MLA citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body John W. Kluge Center. Lark in the Morning: The Verses of the Troubadours. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -10-20, 2005. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021687715/>.