Film, Video The American Civil War: 365 Days
About this Item
- The American Civil War: 365 Days
- Writer and editor Margaret E. Wagner and historian Gary W. Gallagher discussed their new book "The American Civil War: 365 Days," which draws on the Library's incomparable collections to present a unique perspective on the conflict. Illustrated with more than 500 images, 253 in full color, the book features Mathew Brady's iconic photographs and other photos that heavily influenced public perceptions of the struggle, as well as lithographs, woodcuts and battlefield drawings. It also includes political cartoons and music covers; recruitment, political and theatrical posters; an image of the contents of Lincoln's pockets on the night he was assassinated at Ford's Theatre; illustrated letters; and Lincoln's handwritten Gettysburg Address.
- Library of Congress
- Library of Congress. Center for the Book, sponsoring body
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress, 2006-04-11.
- - Biography, History
- - Civil War, Abraham Lincoln
- - War, Military
- - Classification: History: America.
- - Gary Gallagher, Margaret Wagner.
- - Recorded on 2006-04-11.
- - Researchers.
- 1 online resource
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Center For The Book. The American Civil War: 365 Days. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -04-11, 2006. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021687753/.
APA citation style:
Library Of Congress & Library Of Congress. Center For The Book, S. B. (2006) The American Civil War: 365 Days. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -04-11. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021687753/.
MLA citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Center For The Book. The American Civil War: 365 Days. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -04-11, 2006. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021687753/>.