Film, Video National Poetry Month at the Library of Congress
About this Item
- National Poetry Month at the Library of Congress
- Well-known Washington, D.C., poets Richard McCann and Kenny Carroll and young readers from Brightwood and Stanton elementary schools in the District participated in a National Poetry Month celebration. The children and the poets read poems from a new anthology, "How to Eat a Poem: Smorgasboard of Tasty and Delicious Poems for Young Readers," which was distributed at the event. Recently published by the Academy of American Poets and the American Poetry and Literacy Project, the anthology includes dozens of poems that appeal to readers of all ages.
- Library of Congress
- Library of Congress. Literary Initiatives Office, sponsoring body
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress, 2006-04-27.
- - Literature
- - Performing Arts, Music
- - Classification: Fine Arts.
- - Classification: Language and Literature.
- - Richard McCann, Kenny Carroll.
- - Recorded on 2006-04-27.
- - Kids, Families.
- - Teachers.
- 1 online resource
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Literary Initiatives Office. National Poetry Month at the Library of Congress. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -04-27, 2006. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021687766/.
APA citation style:
Library Of Congress & Library Of Congress. Literary Initiatives Office, S. B. (2006) National Poetry Month at the Library of Congress. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -04-27. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021687766/.
MLA citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Literary Initiatives Office. National Poetry Month at the Library of Congress. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -04-27, 2006. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021687766/>.