Film, Video Writing About Music in a Time of Change
About this Item
- Writing About Music in a Time of Change
- Tim Page, Pulitzer Prize winner and chief classical music critic for The Washington Post, delivered the 2006 Louis C. Elson Memorial Lecture on "Writing About Music in a Time of Change" in a program sponsored by the Library's Music Division and John W. Kluge Center. The Louis C. Elson Memorial Fund was established at the Library of Congress by Elson's widow, Bertha, to provide free lectures on subjects associated with music and to foster the public's interest in music and musical literature. The Fund honors the life and work of the author and composer, a member of the faculty at the New England Conservatory who enjoyed considerable acclaim as a lecturer and writer in American musical history. Notable lecturers presented under the auspices of the Louis C. Elson Fund include Charles Seeger, Gustave Reese, Curt Sachs, Stanley Sadie, Jacques Barzun, H. Wiley Hitchcock, H.C. Robbins Landon and Charles Rosen.
- Library of Congress
- Library of Congress. Music Division, sponsoring body
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress, 2006-11-30.
- - Culture, Performing Arts
- - Performing Arts, Music
- - Classification: Music and Books on Music.
- - Tim Page.
- - Recorded on 2006-11-30.
- - Researchers.
- 1 online resource
Library of Congress Control Number
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Music Division. Writing About Music in a Time of Change. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -11-30, 2006. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021687792/.
APA citation style:
Library Of Congress & Library Of Congress. Music Division, S. B. (2006) Writing About Music in a Time of Change. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -11-30. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021687792/.
MLA citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Music Division. Writing About Music in a Time of Change. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -11-30, 2006. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021687792/>.