Film, Video Women Who Dare
About this Item
- Women Who Dare
- The seven authors of the Library of Congress "Women Who Dare" series, which celebrates the lives of remarkable women who have shaped American history, discussed their books in a program sponsored by the Library's Center for the Book. The "Women Who Dare" series focuses on women who have changed the course of American history through their courage and spirit, often in the face of overwhelming circumstances. The six books and their authors are "Women of the Suffrage Movement" by Janice E. Ruth and Evelyn Sinclair, "Women of the Civil War" by Michelle A. Krowl, "Helen Keller" by Aimee Hess, "Amelia Earhart" by Susan Reyburn, "Eleanor Roosevelt" by Anjelina Michelle Keating and "Women of the Civil Rights Movement" by Linda Barrett Osborne.
- Library of Congress
- Library of Congress. Center for the Book, sponsoring body
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress, 2006-11-16.
- - Biography, History
- - women, American history
- - Women's History
- - Classification: General Works.
- - Classification: History: America.
- - Janice E. Ruth, Evelyn Sinclair, Michelle A. Krowl, Aimee Hess, Susan Reyburn, Anjelina Michelle Keating, Linda Barrett Osborne.
- - Recorded on 2006-11-16.
- - Kids, Families.
- 1 online resource
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Center For The Book. Women Who Dare. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -11-16, 2006. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021687794/.
APA citation style:
Library Of Congress & Library Of Congress. Center For The Book, S. B. (2006) Women Who Dare. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -11-16. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021687794/.
MLA citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Center For The Book. Women Who Dare. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -11-16, 2006. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021687794/>.