Film, Video Sara Paretsky: Fire Sale.
About this Item
- Sara Paretsky: Fire Sale.
- What do basketball, a discount superstore, two runaway teenagers and an explosion that screams of foul play have in common? They are just a sampling of the twists and turns found in the latest mystery thriller by Sara Paretsky who discussed her most recent book "Fire Sale." The program, which marked the 25th anniversary of the debut of Paretsky's fictional private detective, V.I. Warshawski, and the 20th anniversary of the Sisters in Crime organization, is part of the Books & Beyond author series sponsored by the Center for the Book in the Library of Congress Sisters in Crime, www.sistersincrime.org, which Paretsky helped found in 1986, combats discrimination against women in the mystery field and promotes the professional advancement of female mystery novelists. Mystery Writers of America, www.mysterywriters.org, a reading promotion partner of the Center for the Book, is the premier organization for mystery writers, professionals allied to the crime-writing field, aspiring crime writers and devotees to the genre.
- Library of Congress.
- Library of Congress. Center for the Book, sponsoring body.
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress, 2007-02-27.
- - Literature
- - Classification: General Works.
- - Classification: Language and Literature.
- - Sara Paretsky.
- - Recorded on 2007-02-27.
- - Kids, Families.
- 1 online resource
Library of Congress Control Number
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Center For The Book. Sara Paretsky: Fire Sale. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -02-27, 2007. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021687810/.
APA citation style:
Library Of Congress & Library Of Congress. Center For The Book, S. B. (2007) Sara Paretsky: Fire Sale. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -02-27. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021687810/.
MLA citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Center For The Book. Sara Paretsky: Fire Sale. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -02-27, 2007. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021687810/>.