Film, Video Men, Let's Sing: Choral Music For Men's Voices
About this Item
- Men, Let's Sing: Choral Music For Men's Voices
- Preceding the Cantus concert was a panel discussion titled "Men, Let's Sing: Choral Music for Men's Voices" in a program sponsored by the Music Division. Panelists for the preconcert presentation were Frank Albinder, director of the Washington Men's Camerata; Ann Meier Baker, president of Chorus America; and Gunilla Marcus-Luboff and the Library's Robert Saladini, co-developers of the Library of Congress Series of Choral Music, a collection of some 50 rare and out-of-print editions of choral works held in the Music Division and co-published by Walton Music Corp. of Fort Lauderdale, Fla. The speakers addressed the state of men's choral singing from their perspectives as performers, conductors and music publishers, as well as discuss the myriad men's choral groups in the United States. Speakers: Robert Saladini (0:09) Frank Albinder (3:32) Gunilla Marcus-Luboff (14:47) Ann Meier Baker (26:34) Questions for panel (37:06)
- Library of Congress
- Library of Congress. Music Division, sponsoring body
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress, 2007-03-30.
- - Culture, Performing Arts
- - Performing Arts, Music
- - Classification: General Works.
- - Classification: Music and Books on Music.
- - Various.
- - Recorded on 2007-03-30.
- - Kids, Families.
- 1 online resource
Library of Congress Control Number
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Music Division. Men, Let's Sing: Choral Music For Men's Voices. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -03-30, 2007. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021687852/.
APA citation style:
Library Of Congress & Library Of Congress. Music Division, S. B. (2007) Men, Let's Sing: Choral Music For Men's Voices. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -03-30. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021687852/.
MLA citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Music Division. Men, Let's Sing: Choral Music For Men's Voices. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -03-30, 2007. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021687852/>.