Film, Video Waking Up the People
About this Item
- Waking Up the People
- Linda Goss discusses family storytelling traditions and describes her ongoing research, including African-American family stories on a Gerald E. and Corinne L. Parsons Fund award from the American Folklife Center, as part of the Benjamin Botkin Lecture Series sponsored by the AFC.
- Library of Congress
- American Folklife Center, sponsoring body
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress, 2006-06-29.
- - African American History
- - Culture, Folklife
- - Performing Arts, Music
- - Biography, History
- - Culture, Performing Arts
- - Classification: General Works.
- - Classification: Geography, Anthropology, Recreation.
- - Classification: History: America.
- - Classification: Language and Literature.
- - Linda Goss.
- - Recorded on 2006-06-29.
- - Kids, Families.
- 1 online resource
Library of Congress Control Number
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body American Folklife Center. Waking Up the People. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -06-29, 2006. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021687855/.
APA citation style:
Library Of Congress & American Folklife Center, S. B. (2006) Waking Up the People. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -06-29. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021687855/.
MLA citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body American Folklife Center. Waking Up the People. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -06-29, 2006. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021687855/>.