Film, Video A Conversation with Stetson Kennedy
About this Item
- A Conversation with Stetson Kennedy
- Pioneering folklorist, social activist and writer Stetson Kennedy, of Jacksonville, Fla., discussed his long and wide-ranging career and explored the theme of "Building Democracy in America" in a lecture presented by the American Folklife Center as part of its Benjamin Botkin Folklife Lecture Series. The event was co-sponsored by Holland & Knight LLP. The program was introduced by Peggy Bulger, director of the American Folklife Center, who wrote her doctoral dissertation on Stetson Kennedy, and facilitated by John Y. Cole, an expert on the Federal Writers' Project and the director of the Center for the Book at the Library of Congress.
- Library of Congress
- American Folklife Center, sponsoring body
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress, 2005-05-24.
- - Biography, History
- - Culture, Performing Arts
- - Education
- - Culture, Folklife
- - Government, Law
- - Literature
- - Classification: Education.
- - Classification: General Works.
- - Classification: History: America.
- - Stetson Kennedy.
- - Recorded on 2005-05-24.
- - Kids, Families.
- - Researchers.
- 1 online resource
Library of Congress Control Number
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body American Folklife Center. A Conversation with Stetson Kennedy. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -05-24, 2005. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021687859/.
APA citation style:
Library Of Congress & American Folklife Center, S. B. (2005) A Conversation with Stetson Kennedy. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -05-24. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021687859/.
MLA citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body American Folklife Center. A Conversation with Stetson Kennedy. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -05-24, 2005. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021687859/>.