Film, Video Indian Yell: The Heart of an American Insurgency. Indian Yell
About this Item
- Indian Yell: The Heart of an American Insurgency.
- Indian Yell
- During the 19th century, conflict between Native Americans and American settlers was at an all-time high. Western expansion was more than just cowboys and gun fights at the O.K. Corral--it was a movement marked by battles and bloodshed between immigrants coming to stake a claim and a people who had already done so. Novelist, screenwriter and activist Michael Blake discussed his new book, "Indian Yell: The Heart of an American Insurgency." Sponsored by the Center for the Book and Friends of Libraries U.S.A., one of the center's national reading promotion partners, the event was held in conjunction with the American Library Association's annual conference. In addition to presenting his new book, Blake discussed his previous research about Native Americans, his novel "Dances With Wolves" (1988) and the subsequent award-winning film of the same name.
- Library of Congress.
- Library of Congress. Center for the Book, sponsoring body.
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress, 2007-06-25.
- - Biography, History
- - Culture, Folklife
- - Immigration, American Expansion
- - Native American History
- - Classification: General Works.
- - Classification: History: America.
- - Michael Blake.
- - Recorded on 2007-06-25.
- - Researchers.
- - Teachers.
- 1 online resource
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Center For The Book. Indian Yell: The Heart of an American Insurgency. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -06-25, 2007. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021687861/.
APA citation style:
Library Of Congress & Library Of Congress. Center For The Book, S. B. (2007) Indian Yell: The Heart of an American Insurgency. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -06-25. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021687861/.
MLA citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Center For The Book. Indian Yell: The Heart of an American Insurgency. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -06-25, 2007. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021687861/>.