Film, Video I Will Wake the Dawn: Illuminated Psalms
About this Item
- I Will Wake the Dawn: Illuminated Psalms
- The Book of Psalms is probably the best-known book of the Hebrew Bible. In her new book, "I Will Wake the Dawn: Illuminated Psalms," author and artist Debra Band has selected 36 of the most well-known of the 150 psalms to interpret and illustrate. Published by the Jewish Publication Society, "I Will Wake the Dawn" contains two illuminations for each psalm on facing pages: one features the Hebrew text while the other includes the English translation. Following each of the full-page pairs is an analysis of the psalm by scholar Arnold J. Band and an explanation of the symbolism of the artwork by Debra Band.
- Library of Congress
- Library of Congress. African and Middle Eastern Division, sponsoring body
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress, 2008-01-17.
- - Education
- - Religion
- - Literature
- - Classification: Education.
- - Classification: Fine Arts.
- - Classification: General Works.
- - Classification: Philosophy, Psychology, Religion.
- - Debra Band.
- - Recorded on 2008-01-17.
- - Kids, Families.
- - Researchers.
- 1 online resource
Library of Congress Control Number
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. African And Middle Eastern Division. I Will Wake the Dawn: Illuminated Psalms. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -01-17, 2008. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021687920/.
APA citation style:
Library Of Congress & Library Of Congress. African And Middle Eastern Division, S. B. (2008) I Will Wake the Dawn: Illuminated Psalms. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -01-17. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021687920/.
MLA citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. African And Middle Eastern Division. I Will Wake the Dawn: Illuminated Psalms. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -01-17, 2008. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021687920/>.