Film, Video Hoop Dances by Dallas Chief Eagle and Jasmine Pickner.
About this Item
- Hoop Dances by Dallas Chief Eagle and Jasmine Pickner.
- Two first place World Hoop Dance Champions have joined together to model and dance a vision of male and female balance, harmony and respect as traditionally practiced by their ancestors. Dallas Chief Eagle, Rosebud Sioux tribal member, and Jasmine Pickner of the Crow Creek Sioux tribe are both world-traveled hoop dancers. They performed as part of the American Folklife Center's Homegrown Concert Series.
- Library of Congress.
- American Folklife Center, sponsoring body.
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress, 2007-11-15.
- - Culture, Folklife
- - Native American History
- - Performing Arts, Music
- - Culture, Performing Arts
- - Classification: Music and Books on Music.
- - Dallas Chief Eagle, Jasmine Pickner.
- - Recorded on 2007-11-15.
- - Kids, Families.
- 1 online resource
Library of Congress Control Number
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body American Folklife Center. Hoop Dances by Dallas Chief Eagle and Jasmine Pickner. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -11-15, 2007. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021687924/.
APA citation style:
Library Of Congress & American Folklife Center, S. B. (2007) Hoop Dances by Dallas Chief Eagle and Jasmine Pickner. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -11-15. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021687924/.
MLA citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body American Folklife Center. Hoop Dances by Dallas Chief Eagle and Jasmine Pickner. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -11-15, 2007. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021687924/>.