Film, Video The XVI Poetry Marathon of Teatro de la Luna
About this Item
- The XVI Poetry Marathon of Teatro de la Luna
- The Hispanic Division of the Library of Congress hosted an afternoon of Spanish poetry featuring poets from Spain, Latin America and the Caribbean. Each poet read a selection in Spanish, followed by an open discussion in English moderated by Dominican poet Rei Berroa of George Mason University. Featured poets were Spaniards Ana Rossetti, Juan Carlos Mestre and Vicente Cervera Salinas. From Mexico were Hector Carretto, Dana Gelinas, Hernan Bravo Varela and Ciprian Cabrera Jasso. Also participating were Antonio Barbagallo, Italy/Spain/USA; Mateo Morrison, Dominican Republic; Otoniel Guevara, El Salvador; Marcelo Pellegrini, Chile; Ivon Gordon-Vailakis, Ecuador; and Juana Goergen, Puerto Rico. The poetry reading was part of a larger project by the Hispanic Division and the Teatro de la Luna in Arlington, Va. The Hispanic Division has sponsored this yearly event for seven years with the goal of making Spanish-language poetry better known to students and the general public in Washington.
- Library of Congress
- Library of Congress. Hispanic Division, sponsoring body
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress, 2008-04-11.
- - Culture, Performing Arts
- - Literature
- - Poetry
- - Performing Arts, Music
- - Classification: Fine Arts.
- - Classification: Language and Literature.
- - Various.
- - Recorded on 2008-04-11.
- - Kids, Families.
- 1 online resource
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Hispanic Division. The XVI Poetry Marathon of Teatro de la Luna. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -04-11, 2008. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021687970/.
APA citation style:
Library Of Congress & Library Of Congress. Hispanic Division, S. B. (2008) The XVI Poetry Marathon of Teatro de la Luna. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -04-11. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021687970/.
MLA citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Hispanic Division. The XVI Poetry Marathon of Teatro de la Luna. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -04-11, 2008. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021687970/>.