Film, Video Books--Before and Beyond: Publishing in the 21st Century
About this Item
- Books--Before and Beyond: Publishing in the 21st Century
- Barbara Peters and Robert Rosenwald, owners of Poisoned Pen Books and Poisoned Pen Press in Scottsdale, Ariz., discussed both the mystery genre and the state of publishing in America. Drawing on their longtime experience in bookselling, publishing and editing, Peters and Rosenwald ask, "How does the medium influence the message?" Their program takes a brief look at book and print technology past, present and future, and how electronic manuscript submissions, e-books, digital ink and wireless reading devices have affected the industry. The publishers also talk about the potential of digital rights management. Other trends in the industry, such as the interplay of Web and print media, the use of video trailers for books, the popularity of the graphic novel and gaming based on books are a part of the program. Peters and Rosenwald founded the Poisoned Pen Bookstore in 1989. Peters also serves as editor and Rosenwald as publisher of Poisoned Pen Press, which has published more than 100 authors and has more than 600 titles in print.
- Library of Congress
- Library of Congress. Center for the Book, sponsoring body
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress, 2008-10-07.
- - Education
- - Literature
- - Classification: Education.
- - Classification: Language and Literature.
- - Barbara Peters, Robert Rosenwald.
- - Recorded on 2008-10-07.
- - Librarians, Archivists.
- - Publishers.
- 1 online resource
Library of Congress Control Number
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Center For The Book. Books--Before and Beyond: Publishing in the 21st Century. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -10-07, 2008. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021688018/.
APA citation style:
Library Of Congress & Library Of Congress. Center For The Book, S. B. (2008) Books--Before and Beyond: Publishing in the 21st Century. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -10-07. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021688018/.
MLA citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Center For The Book. Books--Before and Beyond: Publishing in the 21st Century. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -10-07, 2008. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021688018/>.