Film, Video The Dickson Baseball Dictionary
About this Item
- The Dickson Baseball Dictionary
- "The Dickson Baseball Dictionary" is an indispensable resource for hard-core fans as well as anyone newly interested in the national pastime. It has become an essential resource for those who love the game. Drawing on dozens of 19th and early-20th century periodicals as well as contemporary sources, the Dictionary's illuminating definitions trace the earliest appearances of terms both well known and obscure. More than 25 years in the making, with the help of more than 300 baseball and lexical experts, this new third edition expands the second edition by more than 30 percent, to more than 10,000 terms with 18,000 individual entries. It introduces words and phrases from around the world of baseball, including those introduced by Latin American ballplayers and statistical expressions relating to fantasy baseball.
- Library of Congress
- Library of Congress. Center for the Book, sponsoring body
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress, 2009-04-15.
- - Biography, History
- - Culture, Performing Arts
- - Culture, Folklife
- - Sports, Recreation
- - Classification: Geography, Anthropology, Recreation.
- - Classification: History: America.
- - Paul Dickson.
- - Recorded on 2009-04-15.
- - Kids, Families.
- - Researchers.
- - Teachers.
- 1 online resource
Library of Congress Control Number
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Center For The Book. The Dickson Baseball Dictionary. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -04-15, 2009. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021688220/.
APA citation style:
Library Of Congress & Library Of Congress. Center For The Book, S. B. (2009) The Dickson Baseball Dictionary. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -04-15. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021688220/.
MLA citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Center For The Book. The Dickson Baseball Dictionary. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -04-15, 2009. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021688220/>.