Film, Video Romila Thapar: Perceptions of the Past in Early India
About this Item
- Romila Thapar: Perceptions of the Past in Early India
- One of the world's foremost experts on the history of early India, Romila Thapar, winner of the 2008 Kluge Prize, discussed the rich and ancient civilization in a lecture titled "Perceptions of the Past in Early India." In her talk, Thapar critiqued the notion that the civilization in India lacked a sense of history, and discussed the recognition of historical traditions in the early texts of Northern India.
- Library of Congress
- John W. Kluge Center (Library of Congress), sponsoring body
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress, 2009-05-12.
- - Biography, History
- - Culture, Performing Arts
- - Education
- - Literature
- - Culture, Folklife
- - Classification: Education.
- - Classification: Language and Literature.
- - Classification: Philosophy, Psychology, Religion.
- - Classification: Social Sciences.
- - Romila Thapar.
- - Recorded on 2009-05-12.
- - Researchers.
- 1 online resource
Library of Congress Control Number
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body John W. Kluge Center. Romila Thapar: Perceptions of the Past in Early India. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -05-12, 2009. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021688241/.
APA citation style:
Library Of Congress & John W. Kluge Center, S. B. (2009) Romila Thapar: Perceptions of the Past in Early India. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -05-12. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021688241/.
MLA citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body John W. Kluge Center. Romila Thapar: Perceptions of the Past in Early India. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -05-12, 2009. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021688241/>.