Film, Video Victor Fleming: American Master
About this Item
- Victor Fleming: American Master
- Victor Fleming was the most sought-after director during Hollywood's golden age, renowned for his ability to make films across an astounding range of genres: westerns, earthy sexual dramas, family entertainment, screwball comedies, buddy pictures, romances and adventures. Fleming is best remembered for directing the two most iconic movies of the period, "Gone with the Wind" and "The Wizard of Oz," but the more than 40 films he directed also included classics such as "Red Dust," "Test Pilot," "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" and "Captains Courageous." Paradoxically, his talent for knowing how to make the right film at the right time, rather than remaking the same movie in different guises, has resulted in Fleming's relative obscurity in our time.
- Library of Congress
- Library of Congress. Center for the Book, sponsoring body
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress, 2009-06-02.
- - Biography, History
- - Literature
- - Performing Arts, Music
- - Classification: History: America.
- - Classification: Language and Literature.
- - Michael Sragow.
- - Recorded on 2009-06-02.
- - Kids, Families.
- - Researchers.
- - Teachers.
- 1 online resource
Library of Congress Control Number
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Center For The Book. Victor Fleming: American Master. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -06-02, 2009. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021688256/.
APA citation style:
Library Of Congress & Library Of Congress. Center For The Book, S. B. (2009) Victor Fleming: American Master. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -06-02. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021688256/.
MLA citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Center For The Book. Victor Fleming: American Master. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -06-02, 2009. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021688256/>.