Film, Video Archie Green Memorial: Remembering Archie
About this Item
- Archie Green Memorial: Remembering Archie
- The American Folklife Center at the Library of Congress hosted a two-day event including a tribute, a symposium, and a concert, honoring folklorists Archie Green and Joe Wilson, and celebrating the acquisition of the National Council for the Traditional Arts (NCTA) Collection by the Center's archive. The multifaceted event featured spoken tributes, musical performances, panel discussions, and rare glimpses at archival treasures, and was crowned by a magnificent evening concert in the Library's Coolidge Auditorium. The concert showcased outstanding folk musicians who have been part of the NCTA by participating in the National Folk Festival and NCTA touring programs.
- Library of Congress
- American Folklife Center, sponsoring body
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress, 2009-09-10.
- - Biography, History
- - Culture, Folklife
- - Classification: General Works.
- - Joseph T. Wilson, William R. Ferris, Derek Green, Keith Kennedy, Dr. James H. Billington, Paula Johnson, Mike Munos, Josh Ellis, Eddie Bond, Judy McCulloh, Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi, Northern Neck Chantey Singers.
- - Recorded on 2009-09-10.
- - Kids, Families.
- - Researchers.
- - Teachers.
- 1 online resource
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body American Folklife Center. Archie Green Memorial: Remembering Archie. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -09-10, 2009. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021688291/.
APA citation style:
Library Of Congress & American Folklife Center, S. B. (2009) Archie Green Memorial: Remembering Archie. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -09-10. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021688291/.
MLA citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body American Folklife Center. Archie Green Memorial: Remembering Archie. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -09-10, 2009. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021688291/>.