Film, Video Is Israeli Classical Music Jewish?
About this Item
- Is Israeli Classical Music Jewish?
- The music of Israel is a unique combination of Jewish and non-Jewish traditions that have come together over the course of a century to create a distinctive musical culture. Immigrants from Europe, Asia, the Middle East and elsewhere brought with them their musical traditions, melding and molding them into a new Israeli sound that helped define the emerging national spirit. Ronit Seter, a scholar in the field of Israel art music, poses the question "Is Israeli Classical Music Jewish?"
- Library of Congress
- Library of Congress. African and Middle Eastern Division, sponsoring body
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress, 2009-11-19.
- - Culture, Performing Arts
- - Performing Arts, Music
- - Classification: Music and Books on Music.
- - Ronit Seter.
- - Recorded on 2009-11-19.
- - Kids, Families.
- - Researchers.
- - Teachers.
- 1 online resource
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. African And Middle Eastern Division. Is Israeli Classical Music Jewish?. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -11-19, 2009. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021688360/.
APA citation style:
Library Of Congress & Library Of Congress. African And Middle Eastern Division, S. B. (2009) Is Israeli Classical Music Jewish?. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -11-19. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021688360/.
MLA citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. African And Middle Eastern Division. Is Israeli Classical Music Jewish?. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -11-19, 2009. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021688360/>.