Film, Video RDA Changes from AACR2 for Texts
About this Item
- RDA Changes from AACR2 for Texts
- As the United States begins to prepare to test the new cataloging code, RDA: Resource Description and Access, this presentation explores the changes from AACR2 (Anglo-American Cataloguing Rules, 2nd ed.) that the new code brings. The focus of this presentation is a brief overview of the changed instructions for cataloging textual materials. The presentation lasts 41 minutes, and the Q&A session afterward runs 35 minutes.
- Library of Congress
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress, 2010-01-12.
- - Education
- - Science, Technology
- - RDA, AACR2, cataloging, texts
- - Technology, Industry
- - Classification: Bibliography, Library Science, Information Resources (General).
- - Barbara Tillett.
- - Recorded on 2010-01-12.
- - Librarians, Archivists.
- - Publishers.
- - Researchers.
- 1 online resource
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Library Of Congress. RDA Changes from AACR2 for Texts. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -01-12, 2010. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021688382/.
APA citation style:
Library Of Congress. (2010) RDA Changes from AACR2 for Texts. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -01-12. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021688382/.
MLA citation style:
Library Of Congress. RDA Changes from AACR2 for Texts. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -01-12, 2010. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021688382/>.