Film, Video Baseball Americana: Treasures from the Library of Congress
About this Item
- Baseball Americana: Treasures from the Library of Congress
- The world's largest collection of things related to baseball is housed at the Library of Congress, and a new, lavishly illustrated history of the sport features more than 350 of the best items in the collections, some dating as far back as the late 1700s. From baseball's biggest stars to street urchins, from its most newsworthy stories to sandlot and Little League games, "Baseball Americana" examines baseball's hardscrabble origins, rich cultural heritage and uniquely American character.
- Library of Congress
- Library of Congress. Center for the Book, sponsoring body
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress, 2010-04-12.
- - Biography, History
- - Culture, Performing Arts
- - Culture, Folklife
- - Sports, Recreation
- - Classification: Geography, Anthropology, Recreation.
- - Classification: History: America.
- - Harry Katz, Frank Ceresi, Phil Michel, Susan Reyburn, Wilson McBee.
- - Recorded on 2010-04-12.
- - Kids, Families.
- - Researchers.
- - Teachers.
- 1 online resource
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Center For The Book. Baseball Americana: Treasures from the Library of Congress. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -04-12, 2010. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021688427/.
APA citation style:
Library Of Congress & Library Of Congress. Center For The Book, S. B. (2010) Baseball Americana: Treasures from the Library of Congress. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -04-12. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021688427/.
MLA citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Center For The Book. Baseball Americana: Treasures from the Library of Congress. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -04-12, 2010. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021688427/>.