Film, Video Jews & Magic in Medici Florence
About this Item
- Jews & Magic in Medici Florence
- With work published widely in the course of his 30 years of archival research in Florence, Edward Goldberg founded the Medici Archive Project to provide worldwide public access to the historical data in the Medici Granducal Archive through a fully searchable database. Established by Grand Duke Cosimo I in 1569, the archive of the Medici Grand Dukes offers the most complete record of any princely regime in Renaissance and Baroque Europe. The 3 million letters contained in more than 6,000 volumes richly document more than 200 years of human history (1537-1743). Through introducing his latest publication, "Jews and Magic in Medici Florence," Goldberg outlines Medici Florence and the culmination of his study on the topic.
- Library of Congress
- Library of Congress. African and Middle Eastern Division, sponsoring body
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress, 2011-04-13.
- - Biography, History
- - Government, World Affairs
- - Classification: History (General) and History of Europe.
- - Edward Goldberg.
- - Recorded on 2011-04-13.
- - Researchers.
- - Teachers.
- 1 online resource
Library of Congress Control Number
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. African And Middle Eastern Division. Jews & Magic in Medici Florence. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -04-13, 2011. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021688650/.
APA citation style:
Library Of Congress & Library Of Congress. African And Middle Eastern Division, S. B. (2011) Jews & Magic in Medici Florence. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -04-13. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021688650/.
MLA citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. African And Middle Eastern Division. Jews & Magic in Medici Florence. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -04-13, 2011. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021688650/>.