Film, Video Student Voices: President's Committee on the Arts and Humanities 826 Workshop
About this Item
- Student Voices: President's Committee on the Arts and Humanities 826 Workshop
- U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan speaks to high school students about the importance of arts education and commends them for their participation in the President's Committee on Arts and Humanities Poetry Workshop. The President's Committee has partnered with 826DC and 15 public high school students from Ellington, Ballou, Wilson and Bell in weekly workshops and tutoring sessions with poetry professors from American University and Georgetown. Seven workshops have been held to date. This workshop marked the final session, co-hosted by the Poetry and Literature Center of the Library of Congress, where students will work with some of D.C.'s finest poets to put the finishing touches on their body of work, which will be published in an anthology. 826DC is a nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting students ages 6-18 with their creative and expository writing skills, and to helping teachers inspire their students to write.
- Library of Congress
- Library of Congress. Literary Initiatives Office, sponsoring body
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress, 2011-04-25.
- - Literature
- - Poetry
- - Performing Arts, Music
- - Classification: Education.
- - Classification: Fine Arts.
- - Classification: Language and Literature.
- - Various.
- - Recorded on 2011-04-25.
- - Kids, Families.
- - Teachers.
- 1 online resource
Library of Congress Control Number
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Literary Initiatives Office. Student Voices: President's Committee on the Arts and Humanities 826 Workshop. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -04-25, 2011. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021688660/.
APA citation style:
Library Of Congress & Library Of Congress. Literary Initiatives Office, S. B. (2011) Student Voices: President's Committee on the Arts and Humanities 826 Workshop. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -04-25. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021688660/.
MLA citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Literary Initiatives Office. Student Voices: President's Committee on the Arts and Humanities 826 Workshop. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -04-25, 2011. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021688660/>.