Film, Video Visualizing the Nation's Capital (Day 1-Afternoon)
About this Item
- Visualizing the Nation's Capital (Day 1-Afternoon)
- This conference showcases the unparalleled cartographic collections at the Library of Congress and engage a wide array of experts in exploring how Washington has evolved over 200 years. Speakers include James H. Billington, George Tobolowsky, Ralph Ehrenberg, Richard Stephenson, Ronald Grim, Edward Redmond, Patrick O'Neill, William Stanley, Chas Langelan, Don Alexander Hawkins, Charlene Drew Jarvis, Timothy Davis, Iris Miller, Gail Lowe, Douglas Richardson and Anthony Williams. (Day One: Afternoon Session)
- Library of Congress
- Library of Congress. Geography and Map Division, sponsoring body
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress, 2012-05-18.
- - Biography, History
- - Government, World Affairs
- - Science, Technology
- - Maps
- - Group name: Two Centuries of Mapping Washington, D.C..
- - Classification: Education.
- - Classification: Geography, Anthropology, Recreation.
- - Classification: History: America.
- - Classification: Political Science.
- - Classification: Social Sciences.
- - Various.
- - Recorded on 2012-05-18.
- - Librarians, Archivists.
- - Researchers.
- 1 online resource
Library of Congress Control Number
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Geography And Map Division. Visualizing the Nation's Capital Day 1-Afternoon. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -05-18, 2012. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021688891/.
APA citation style:
Library Of Congress & Library Of Congress. Geography And Map Division, S. B. (2012) Visualizing the Nation's Capital Day 1-Afternoon. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -05-18. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021688891/.
MLA citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Geography And Map Division. Visualizing the Nation's Capital Day 1-Afternoon. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -05-18, 2012. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021688891/>.