Film, Video Preconcert Talk: George & Gregory Walker
About this Item
- Preconcert Talk: George & Gregory Walker
- Pulitzer Prize-winning composer George Walker discusses his music with his son, violinist Gregory Walker, and Nicholas A. Brown of the Music Division. Gregory Walker performs the the world concert premiere of George's Bleu, for unaccompanied violin (2012). Gregory's performance marks the debut of the Library of Congress' "Oberlin Betts," and exact copy of the Library's "Betts" violin by Antonio Stradivari, Cremona, 1704. This pre-concert presentation took place in conjunction with a performance of Walker's String Quartet no. 1 (1946) and Poem, for soprano and chamber ensemble (1986), based on T.S. Eliot's "The Hollow Men" by the Left Bank Concert Society.
- Library of Congress
- Library of Congress. Music Division, sponsoring body
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress, 2013-04-20.
- - Culture, Performing Arts
- - Classification: Music and Books on Music.
- - Various.
- - Recorded on 2013-04-20.
- - Kids, Families.
- - Researchers.
- 1 online resource
Library of Congress Control Number
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Music Division. Preconcert Talk: George & Gregory Walker. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -04-20, 2013. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021689088/.
APA citation style:
Library Of Congress & Library Of Congress. Music Division, S. B. (2013) Preconcert Talk: George & Gregory Walker. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -04-20. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021689088/.
MLA citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Music Division. Preconcert Talk: George & Gregory Walker. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -04-20, 2013. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021689088/>.