Film, Video The JACK Quartet with Pianist Ursula Oppens
About this Item
- The JACK Quartet with Pianist Ursula Oppens
- Ursula Oppens and the JACK Quartet returned to the Library of Congress with a program that paid tribute to the Library's commitment to new music. As Caroline Berg phrases it, "Dominating the contemporary world of music, the JACK Quartet is a four-man super squad armed with bows and strings." The program featured the U.S. premiere of Julian Anderson's String Quartet no. 1, "Light Music," and Thomas Adès' Piano Quintet.
- Library of Congress
- Library of Congress. Music Division, sponsoring body
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress, 2014-02-14.
- - Culture, Performing Arts
- - Music, Contemporary Music,Classical Music, Musicians, Performance, JACK Quartet, Ursula Oppens, Pianist, Strings
- - JACK Quartet, Ursula Oppens.
- - Recorded on 2014-02-14.
- - Kids, Families.
- - Visitors.
- 1 online resource
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Music Division. The JACK Quartet with Pianist Ursula Oppens. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -02-14, 2014. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021689325/.
APA citation style:
Library Of Congress & Library Of Congress. Music Division, S. B. (2014) The JACK Quartet with Pianist Ursula Oppens. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -02-14. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021689325/.
MLA citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Music Division. The JACK Quartet with Pianist Ursula Oppens. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -02-14, 2014. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021689325/>.