Film, Video The Moody Sun
About this Item
- The Moody Sun
- Holly Gilbert of NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Md., spoke about the ever-changing sun. She focused on solar storms and how these dynamic phenomena interact with the Earth. Gilbert described how space weather is generated on the sun and how it impacts us. She spoke about recent missions like SDO (Solar Dynamics Observatory) and IRIS (NASA's Interface Region Imaging Spectrograph) which are allowing solar scientists to address some of the mysteries that have plagued them for decades.
- Library of Congress
- Library of Congress. Science, Technology, and Business Division, sponsoring body
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress, 2014-08-19.
- - Science, Technology
- - Classification: Science.
- - Holly Gilbert.
- - Recorded on 2014-08-19.
- - Kids, Families.
- - Researchers.
- - Teachers.
- 1 online resource
Library of Congress Control Number
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Technology Library Of Congress. Science. The Moody Sun. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -08-19, 2014. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021689497/.
APA citation style:
Library Of Congress & Library Of Congress. Science, T. (2014) The Moody Sun. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -08-19. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021689497/.
MLA citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Technology Library Of Congress. Science. The Moody Sun. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -08-19, 2014. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021689497/>.