Film, Video National Anthem Remix Panel Discussion
About this Item
- National Anthem Remix Panel Discussion
- The Library's stacks include a trove of arrangements of our national anthem, including Stravinsky's "The Star-Spangled Banner," and "Ode to the Star-Spangled Banner" by Ferde Grofé. This panel discusses the history and value of revamping one of our most provocative songs. Panelists include Matt Spivey (vice president of artistic operations, Baltimore Symphony Orchestra), Loras John Schissel (music division, Library of Congress), Neil Grauer (assistant director of editorial services, Johns Hopkins Medicine), and Nicholas Alexander Brown (moderator, music division, Library of Congress).
- Library of Congress
- Library of Congress. Music Division, sponsoring body
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress, 2014-09-18.
- - Biography, History
- - Culture, Performing Arts
- - Classification: History: America.
- - Classification: Music and Books on Music.
- - Various.
- - Recorded on 2014-09-18.
- - Librarians, Archivists.
- - Publishers.
- - Researchers.
- - Teachers.
- 1 online resource
Library of Congress Control Number
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Music Division. National Anthem Remix Panel Discussion. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -09-18, 2014. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021689522/.
APA citation style:
Library Of Congress & Library Of Congress. Music Division, S. B. (2014) National Anthem Remix Panel Discussion. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -09-18. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021689522/.
MLA citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Music Division. National Anthem Remix Panel Discussion. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -09-18, 2014. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021689522/>.