Film, Video Daisy Turner's Kin: An African-American Family Saga
About this Item
- Daisy Turner's Kin: An African-American Family Saga
- Daisy Turner (1883-1988), born in Grafton, Vermont and the daughter of freed African American slaves, grew up listening to her father, Alec, tell stories of his family's heritage. Over the course of numerous interviews Daisy shared her own life story, one of discrimination, resilience and strength. This talk considers Daisy Turner's narrative in terms of memory and within a larger canvas of social, cultural and historical events.
- Library of Congress
- American Folklife Center, sponsoring body
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress, 2016-02-17.
- - African American, Slaves, Benjamin Botkin Lecture Series, Daisy Turner, African American Slaves, Saga
- - Biography, History
- - Classification: History (General) and History of Europe.
- - Classification: History: America.
- - Jane Beck.
- - Recorded on 2016-02-17.
- - Researchers.
- 1 online resource
Library of Congress Control Number
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body American Folklife Center. Daisy Turner's Kin: An African-American Family Saga. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -02-17, 2016. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021690024/.
APA citation style:
Library Of Congress & American Folklife Center, S. B. (2016) Daisy Turner's Kin: An African-American Family Saga. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -02-17. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021690024/.
MLA citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body American Folklife Center. Daisy Turner's Kin: An African-American Family Saga. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -02-17, 2016. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021690024/>.