Film, Video Collections, Collaborations & Connections Symposium (3 of 3)
About this Item
- Collections, Collaborations & Connections Symposium (3 of 3)
- Panel discussions highlight the collections of the American Folklife Center, explored new approaches to cultural documentation, and focused on current best practices. Research scholars, community members, documentarians and archivists at a range of cultural institutions discussed historical initiatives, current challenges and emerging trends with audience members and center staff. Speakers included Steve Winick, Elizabeth Peterson, Jane Anderson, Kim Christen, James Francis, Judith Gray, Megan Harris, Tom Rankin, Guha Shankar and Donald Soctomah. Part of the 40th anniversary celebrations of the AFC. (Part 3 of 3)
- Library of Congress
- American Folklife Center, sponsoring body
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress, 2016-09-13.
- - Culture, Performing Arts
- - Education
- - symposium, american folklike
- - Group name: Collections, Collaborations & Connections.
- - Classification: General Works.
- - Classification: Social Sciences.
- - Various.
- - Recorded on 2016-09-13.
- - Librarians, Archivists.
- - Researchers.
- 1 online resource
Library of Congress Control Number
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body American Folklife Center. Collections, Collaborations & Connections Symposium 3 of 3. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -09-13, 2016. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021690275/.
APA citation style:
Library Of Congress & American Folklife Center, S. B. (2016) Collections, Collaborations & Connections Symposium 3 of 3. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -09-13. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021690275/.
MLA citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body American Folklife Center. Collections, Collaborations & Connections Symposium 3 of 3. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -09-13, 2016. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021690275/>.