Film, Video Bob Adelman: Photographer, Artist, Witness to History
About this Item
- Bob Adelman: Photographer, Artist, Witness to History
- Librarian of Congress Carla Hayden announced the Library's acquisition of the entire Bob Adelman photographic archive. Adelman was a renowned documentary and news photographer who captured many historic events throughout the latter half of the 20th century. She was joined by Poet Laureate Juan Felipe Herrera, novelist and short story writer Ann Beattie, James Estrin, editor of the New York Times' Lens blog, and the Library's curator of photography Verna Curtis.
- Library of Congress
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress, 2017-03-20.
- - Biography, History
- - Culture, Performing Arts
- - Education
- - Bob Adelman, Photographer, journalism, news, 20th Century
- - Classification: Education.
- - Classification: General Works.
- - Classification: History: America.
- - Carla Hayden, Juan Felipe Herrera, James Estrin, Verna Curtis, Ann Beattie.
- - Recorded on 2017-03-20.
- - Librarians, Archivists.
- - Publishers.
- - Researchers.
- - Teachers.
- - Visitors.
- 1 online resource
Library of Congress Control Number
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Library Of Congress. Bob Adelman: Photographer, Artist, Witness to History. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -03-20, 2017. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021690446/.
APA citation style:
Library Of Congress. (2017) Bob Adelman: Photographer, Artist, Witness to History. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -03-20. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021690446/.
MLA citation style:
Library Of Congress. Bob Adelman: Photographer, Artist, Witness to History. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -03-20, 2017. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021690446/>.