Film, Video Santa Fe Chamber Music Festival: Orion String Quartet
About this Item
- Santa Fe Chamber Music Festival: Orion String Quartet
- This concert highlights the music of Australian composer and violist Brett Dean, who premieres a new work for viola and piano--a Library co-commission-with Juho Pohjonen. His arresting monodrama, "And once I played Ophelia," features the remarkable soprano Tony Arnold as protagonist. Striking, imaginative effects in both vocal and string writing sketch a passionate figure the composer calls a "feistier" Ophelia. The manuscript for Schoenberg's second quartet was given to the Library of Congress by Gertrude Clarke Whittall. The program included Schuman, Märchenbilder, op. 113; Dean, New work for viola and piano (premiere) and String Quartet no. 2 ("And once I played Ophelia") for soprano and string quartet; and Schoenberg, String Quartet no. 2 for soprano and string quartet in F-sharp minor, op. 10.
- Library of Congress
- Library of Congress. Music Division, sponsoring body
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress, 2017-04-08.
- - Culture, Folklife
- - Culture, Performing Arts
- - Orion String Quartet, Santa Fe Music Festival
- - Classification: General Works.
- - Classification: Music and Books on Music.
- - Orion String Quartet, Brett Dean, Tony Arnold, Juho Pohjonen.
- - Recorded on 2017-04-08.
- - Publishers.
- - Visitors.
- 1 online resource
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Music Division. Santa Fe Chamber Music Festival: Orion String Quartet. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -04-08, 2017. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021690476/.
APA citation style:
Library Of Congress & Library Of Congress. Music Division, S. B. (2017) Santa Fe Chamber Music Festival: Orion String Quartet. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -04-08. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021690476/.
MLA citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Music Division. Santa Fe Chamber Music Festival: Orion String Quartet. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -04-08, 2017. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021690476/>.