Film, Video Jayme Stone's Folklife.
About this Item
- Jayme Stone's Folklife.
- A concert featuring Jayme Stone. In 2015, "Jayme Stone's Lomax Project" was released, focusing on songs collected by folklorist and field recording pioneer Alan Lomax, whose collections reside at the American Folklife Center. Stone brought together distinctive and creative roots musicians to revive, recycle and reimagine traditional music. The repertoire includes Bahamian sea shanties, Sea Island spirituals, Appalachian ballads, fiddle tunes and work songs collected from both well-known musicians and everyday folk: sea captains, cowhands, fishermen, prisoners and homemakers. His 2017 project, "Jayme Stone's Folklife," takes a similar tack with more great traditional music.
- Library of Congress.
- American Folklife Center, sponsoring body.
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress, 2017-05-04.
- - Culture, Performing Arts
- - folk, music, concert
- - Classification: Music and Books on Music.
- - Jayme Stone.
- - Recorded on 2017-05-04.
- - Librarians, Archivists.
- - Researchers.
- 1 online resource
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body American Folklife Center. Jayme Stone's Folklife. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -05-04, 2017. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021690512/.
APA citation style:
Library Of Congress & American Folklife Center, S. B. (2017) Jayme Stone's Folklife. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -05-04. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021690512/.
MLA citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body American Folklife Center. Jayme Stone's Folklife. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -05-04, 2017. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021690512/>.