Film, Video Babel Through Jewish Latin-American Eyes
About this Item
- Babel Through Jewish Latin-American Eyes
- Mirta Kupferminc discussed her works based on Jewish texts and their impact on contemporary universal artists. Tova Shvartzman discussed the Tower of Babel, as it appears in the Bible, in conjunction with "The Library of Babel" by Jorge Luis Borges. Kupferminc and Shvartzman are involved in "LABA-BA," a laboratory for Jewish culture, which supports artists' fellowship programs in Argentina. A mix of visual artists, writers, dancers, musicians, actors and others are brought together to study classic Jewish texts in a non-religious, open setting. The program was moderated by Saul Sosnowski.
- Library of Congress
- Library of Congress. Hispanic Division, sponsoring body
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress, 2017-06-02.
- - Culture, Performing Arts
- - jewish, babel
- - Classification: Fine Arts.
- - Mirta Kupferminc, Tova Shvartzman, Paul Sosnowski.
- - Recorded on 2017-06-02.
- - Visitors.
- 1 online resource
Library of Congress Control Number
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Hispanic Division. Babel Through Jewish Latin-American Eyes. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -06-02, 2017. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021690544/.
APA citation style:
Library Of Congress & Library Of Congress. Hispanic Division, S. B. (2017) Babel Through Jewish Latin-American Eyes. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -06-02. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021690544/.
MLA citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Hispanic Division. Babel Through Jewish Latin-American Eyes. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -06-02, 2017. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021690544/>.