Film, Video 2017 Asian American Literary Festival
About this Item
- 2017 Asian American Literary Festival
- The Library of Congress hosted the concluding day of the groundbreaking Asian American Literature Festival. The day featured a lecture and reading by writer and American Book Award winner Karen Tei Yamashita titled, "Literature as Community: the Turtle, Imagination, and the Journey Home." The afternoon session included a lecture by poet Kimiko Hahn on "Angel Island: The Roots and Branches of Asian-American Poetry," and closed with a poetry reading.
- Library of Congress
- Library of Congress. Literary Initiatives Office, sponsoring body
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress, 2017-07-29.
- - Culture, Performing Arts
- - Education
- - Literature
- - Poetry
- - The Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center, Asian American Poets, Asian American Writers, Asian American Literary Scholars
- - Classification: Bibliography, Library Science, Information Resources (General).
- - Classification: Education.
- - Classification: Fine Arts.
- - Classification: Language and Literature.
- - Kimiko Hahn, Karen Tei Yamashita.
- - Recorded on 2017-07-29.
- - Kids, Families.
- - Librarians, Archivists.
- - Publishers.
- - Researchers.
- - Teachers.
- - Visitors.
- 1 online resource
Library of Congress Control Number
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Literary Initiatives Office. Asian American Literary Festival. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -07-29, 2017. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021690588/.
APA citation style:
Library Of Congress & Library Of Congress. Literary Initiatives Office, S. B. (2017) Asian American Literary Festival. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -07-29. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021690588/.
MLA citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Literary Initiatives Office. Asian American Literary Festival. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -07-29, 2017. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021690588/>.