Film, Video Ensemble Signal Concert
About this Item
- Ensemble Signal Concert
- Ensemble Signal, conducted by Brad Lubman, performs the music of Steve Reich in a program presented in collaboration with Washington Performing Arts. The composer was present and a participant in his "Clapping Music," and the program includes a performance of "Runner," which was co-commissioned by Washington Performing Arts, Royal Opera House Covent Garden, Ensemble Signal through a generous grant by New Music USA;, Cal Performances, University of California at Berkeley, and Ensemble Modern, with the support of the Library of Congress Dina Koston and Roger Shapiro Fund. Program: Music of Steve Reich,"Clapping Music": Steve Reich & Brad Lubman [:34] Quartet: Bill Solomon & Doug Perkins, vibraphone; David Friend & Oliver Hagen, piano [4:40] "Runner": Kelli Kathman & Jessica Schmitz, flute; Jackie LeClair & Christa Robinson, oboe; Adrían Sandí & Ken Thomson, clarinet; Doug Perkins & Bill Solomon, vibraphone; David Friend & Oliver Hagen, piano; Courtney Orlando, Olivia De Prato, Ari Streisfeld & Lauren Cauley, violin; Victor Lowrie & Isabel Hagen, viola; Lauren Radnofsky & Mariel Roberts, cello; Greg Chudzik, double bass [24:02] "Pulse": Kelli Kathman & Jessica Schmitz, flute; Adrían Sandí & Ken Thomson, clarinet; David Friend, piano; Courtney Orlando, Olivia De Prato, Ari Streisfeld & Lauren Cauley, violin; Victor Lowrie & Isabel Hagen, viola; Greg Chudzik, electric bass [42:15] "Double Sextet": Sextet 1: Kelli Kathman, flute; Adrían Sandí, clarinet; Bill Solomon, vibes; David Friend, piano; Courtney Orlando, violin; Lauren Radnofsky, cello. Sextet 2: Jessica Schmitz, flute; Ken Thomson, clarinet; Doug Perkins, vibes; Oliver Hagen, piano; Olivia De Prato, violin; Mariel Roberts, cello [59:08]
- Library of Congress
- Library of Congress. Music Division, sponsoring body
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress, 2017-10-18.
- - Culture, Performing Arts
- - Classification: Music and Books on Music.
- - Ensemble Signal.
- - Recorded on 2017-10-18.
- - Kids, Families.
- - Teachers.
- 1 online resource
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Music Division. Ensemble Signal Concert. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -10-18, 2017. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021690636/.
APA citation style:
Library Of Congress & Library Of Congress. Music Division, S. B. (2017) Ensemble Signal Concert. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -10-18. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021690636/.
MLA citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Music Division. Ensemble Signal Concert. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -10-18, 2017. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021690636/>.