Film, Video Solungga Liu Concert
About this Item
- Solungga Liu Concert
- Pianist Solungga Liu performed the music of Charles Griffes, Amy Beach, Claude Debussy and César Franck. Selections were drawn largely from manuscript holdings at the Library of Congress. The performance of Griffes' transcription of "Les parfums de la nuit" is thought to be a world premiere of the work. Charles Griffes: Selections from "Three Tone-Pictures," op.5,1. "The Lake At Evening" [:44],3. "The Night Winds" [4:54] Charles Griffes: Selections from "Fantasy Pieces," op. 6,1. "Barcarolle" [9:09],3. "Scherzo" [15:55] Charles Griffes: Selections from "Roman Sketches," op. 7,1. "The White Peacock" [21:25],4. "Clouds" [27:24] Claude Debussy / Charles Griffes: "Les parfums de la nuit," from "Images": II. Ibéria (World Premiere) [32:44],Charles Griffes: "The Pleasure-Dome of Kubla Khan" [42:16] Amy Beach: "Ballad," op. 6 [52:03],Amy Beach: Selection from "Four Sketches," op. 15. III. "Dreaming" [1:01:20] César Franck: "Prélude, choral et fugue" [1:08:54],C.P.E. Bach: Keyboard Sonata in G major, Wq. 55/6, H. 187: II. "Andante" [1:29:29]
- Library of Congress
- Library of Congress. Music Division, sponsoring body
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress, 2017-11-04.
- - Culture, Performing Arts
- - Classification: Music and Books on Music.
- - Solungga Liu.
- - Recorded on 2017-11-04.
- - Kids, Families.
- - Teachers.
- 1 online resource
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Music Division. Solungga Liu Concert. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -11-04, 2017. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021690659/.
APA citation style:
Library Of Congress & Library Of Congress. Music Division, S. B. (2017) Solungga Liu Concert. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -11-04. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021690659/.
MLA citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Music Division. Solungga Liu Concert. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -11-04, 2017. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021690659/>.